Do you find food prepping takes too much time? Are you getting tired of cooking the same dishes week after week? Do you find unused old produce in the back of the fridge?
These are some common issues I hear time and time again when it comes to cooking.
What if there was a simple solution, a solution that would give you a variety of recipes with pre-measured seasonal ingredients. No muss, no fuss.
Let me introduce you to HelloFresh.
HelloFresh delivers weekly recipes and fresh ingredients straight to your doorstep, so you can cook delicious, quick, and healthy meals at home. How does it work? First you choose a weekly menu of nutritious and tasty recipes created by their culinary team. Next, you'll receive pre-measured seasonal ingredients sourced from trusted local suppliers so you can start enjoying making home-cooked meals and continue fuelling your body with nutritious meals. Bonus: pre-measured ingredients guarantees no more food waste!
Just over a week ago, I received the Pronto Plan. The Pronto Plan is simple to prepare, takes 30 minutes to prepare, and contains full of exciting flavours to help break mealtime routine.
What drew me to trying HelloFresh was the variety of recipes they offer, the proportioned ingredients and quick meal prep. Personally, there's nothing worse than buying an ingredient only to use a fraction of it and wasting the rest. When pressed for time, I resort to the classic pasta dish, which is good but boring when that's all you make.
So let’s fast forward to when the package arrived. I’ll give you my honest thoughts on the recipes, ingredients and experience, so you can make an informed decision. If you have any additional questions about my experience, please don’t hesitate to ask me.
Since nobody was at home and we live in an apartment building, we had the package delivered to work. When I opened the package, I noticed the box was well-insulated and contained ice packs to keep the food cool. Each meal was packaged in it's separate box and included a recipe book. I ordered the Pronto Box which includes 3 dishes. I chose Tandoori Meatball Curry, Lebanese Chicken Salad and Crispy Pancetta Tagliatelle. Each recipe made enough for 2 people. *They do offer options for family of 4.
The recipe cards include list of ingredients, how much of each ingredient you need to make for 2 or 4 people, nutritional information and step-by-step cooking instructions. Personally I found that the meals took 30 minutes to an hour to make, depending how well organized I was and whether or not I had any kitchen accidents - e.g. slicing my finger when cutting ginger (no fun).
- Includes local, meats free of hormones and antibiotics *Important to me
- Easy prep, all you need to do is wash produce, everything else is proportioned according to recipe and onions are pre-cut (no more crying!)
- You choose which recipes you want to order (every week is different), even recipes you might not even think of making
- Use ingredients you may not have previously bought
- No food waste - they provide with the right amount of each ingredient
- For one of the recipes, HelloFresh sent us more tomato paste then we needed. They included a postcard apologizing for the excess product and suggested ways to properly store the extra (pour tomato pasta in ice cube tray and freeze for future use, brilliant!)
- Well organized, recipe cards included, all properly outlined
- Available in 8 countries
- No leftovers – I live with my boyfriend, so the meals were enough for one serving each. But you can always upgrade to a bigger box.
- Not ideal for those with allergies since you cannot modify the meals before ordering
- However... *Pro: The allergens are listed on each recipe card so you can modify the recipe. For example for the Lebanese chicken salad, instead of using bulgur, I made brown rice that I already had in the pantry.
Interested in trying it out for yourself? HelloFresh is offering an exclusive offer to my readers, 50% OFF your first box with discount code JUSTYNA50. It doesn't get any simpler than that.
I would love to hear your thoughts on the meal service once you get a taste. If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Thank you for stopping by. Until next time.
Keep thriving and inspiring!
In exchange for my review, I received a complimentary HelloFresh meal box. The opinions are completely my own based on my personal experience with the service.