Feel Good Comfort Food - Mac n' Cheese (Vegan)
After a long day at work, I'm sometimes too tired to make an elaborate meal and crave for comfort food. When I was younger, I would pop in a frozen pizza or make Kraft dinner. But those days are long gone. Gone are the days when I can enjoy junk food without feeling heavy, bloated and tired. Gone are the days when I can eat loads of cheese without feeling bloated, gassy and tired. So when cravings hits for some Mac n' Cheese, I go for the healthy vegan version that makes me feel light and fully satisfied.
Healthy "taste like real cheese" vegan Mac n' Cheese recipe
Ingredients (serves 2+)
- Cook pasta as per packaging instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, place hemp hearts in pan and toast for 10-15 minutes on low heat.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and place noodles in sauce pan. Add Nona cheese and toasted hemp hearts. Warm up under low heat.
- When ready, divide into servings and top with Cheddar Ultimate Kale Chips.
- Enjoy and feel good with every bite.