On Sunday, I had the urge to go raspberry and blueberry picking now that they are in season. With so many seasonal fruits and vegetables, I have a long list of recipes I want to try and share with you. My Raw Cashew Raspberry Cups recipe being one of them. They are rich, creamy, tart and sweet. Did I mention they are dairy free?
Ingredients for crust
- 1/2 cup dates, soaked for 10 minutes in warm water
- 1/2 cup almonds
Ingredients for filling
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight in fridge
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1/3 cup liquid coconut oil (or melted)
- juice of 1 lemon
Ingredients for Raspberry layer
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh
- 1/4 coconut sugar (optional)
- Place almonds and dates in a food processor and chop until they are to your desired fineness. If the ingredients hold together, your crust is perfect.
- Press crust mixture firmly into cupcake pan cups, making sure that the edges are well packed and that the base is relatively even throughout. (Should be about 1/4" high). Rinse food processor well.
- Place coconut oil, cashews, coconut cream, maple syrup, and lemon in food processor and blend on high until very smooth.
- Pour the mixture out onto the crust (3/4 of the way). Rinse food processor well.
- Place the raspberries and sugar in food processor and blend until smooth. Pour onto the layer of filling. Place in freezer until solid.
- To serve, remove from freezer 5-10 minutes prior to eating. Enjoy!