It's been a hectic and stressful few weeks with no time to experiment with recipes, blog and simply take time for myself. Last night, I made it a priority to stay in and make raw cookies. Last week, I attended the One of a Kind show and stocked up on Monkey Butter PB (a gourmet nut butter company) products. They make over 12 delicious peanut butter flavours (and almond butter) using all natural ingredients. They have two holidays flavours, gingerbread and cranberry orange, which I had to try and experiment with. I bought the gingerbread peanut butter and had the idea to make gingerbread peanut butter cookies (perfect for the holiday season!)
Benefits of Peanuts
- Good source of fat
- Low in sodium and sugar
- Fiber, vitamins and minerals (potassium)
Recipe: Raw Peanut Butter Gingerbread Cookies
- 1/2 cup Monkey Butter Gingerbread peanut butter
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 pitted medjool dates
- Combine peanut butter, almond flour and dates in a food processor and blend until a dough-like texture is achieved.
- Form into small balls.
- Use a fork to press down and create a crisscross pattern.
- Store in refrigerator overnight.
What are your favourite holiday treats? Share in the comments below.