Today is day 2 of the #fallinlovewithlifechallenge and the theme is nurture your body. We need to fuel our body in order to feel good and love ourselves. We have many opportunities throughout the day to nurture our body through the food we eat, the products we use and exercise. Right now my only form of exercise is walking. Back in May, I signed up for an 11 week challenge at Barreworks which consisted of working out 3+ times/week. It left me feeling confident, strong, energized and happy. Right now I feel sluggish and weak. I need to get back that feeling. My goal for this month is to exercise 3+ times/week and take 20-30 minute walks every day.
To nurture my body through the food I eat, I picked up fresh vegetables and fruit to make an energizing green smoothie. Inspired by Belmonte's Uplift juice, I took their recipe and modified it turning it into a smoothie. I don't have a juicer so I'll often take juice recipes and make it into a smoothie. I personally like smoothies because of it's benefits: great source of detoxifying and cleansing fiber, filing, substitutes for a meal, and good source of nutrients (vitamins, minerals and antioxidants). Here's how to make the Uplift Smoothie:
- 2 Kale leaves (you can substitute with spinach)
- half an apple (keep the skin)
- lemon juice of 1/4 of a lemon
- 1 tsp of ground ginger (I would use fresh ginger but didn't have any)
- 1 tsp of parsley flakes (I would use fresh parsley but didn't have any)
- filtered water (you can also add a bit of unsweetened almond milk to make it thicker)
Directions: Put all ingredients in blender. Serve and enjoy!
Note: You can change the amount of each ingredients to suit your taste buds!